POST 4: MEAL OR FOOD I REALLY LIKE

I really like all the food of japanese culture but my favorite food is ramen. Forget sushi, forget sashimi, forget tempura or yakitori. Ramen is a japanese noodle soup using chinese style wheat noodles. The noodles remain the same, the broth and toppings vary according to regional preferences. The thick, tasty broth, the perfectly cooked noodles, some vegetables, and a few thin slices of tofu. Maybe an egg, usually boiled but sometimes fried. The taste is amazing, at any time of the day. Morning, evening, night. It doesn't matter, you can still enjoy a tasty bowl of ramen. 

Two popular and famous types of ramen are Miso and Tonkotsu ramen. I personally prefer Miso ramen because is vegan. Miso is a fermented paste that adds a salty umami flavor to many dishes and Miso ramen is "Sapporo's take" on ramen. This is based on soybeans broth mixed with vegetable stock. In another hand, Tonkotsu ramen is based on pork bone broth, this one also mixed, either with chicken or vegetable stock. So, what ramen do you prefer?

Unfortunately, ramen consists of a lot of fat and carbs as expected for most noodles dishes :( This means that it offers a high potential for weight gain as it is very dense in calories. However, with any food, you can manage to have a bowl or two as long as you are aware of how many calories you consume on a daily basis.

Comentarios

  1. I have never tried ramen now I desperately want to try it!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Oh, I like miso ramen just the same, but I eat it with a lot of guilt because of the amount of calories it has, jajajajaja.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I like all Japanese food, even those that bring fish (I don´t like things from the sea), but I have learned to eat many things thanks to the Japanese culture, including Natto, have you tried it?

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares